1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Power Window Problem

This morning I rolled down my driver's window and now it won't roll back up. It is only a problem with this window. I stripped everything off the door to inspect it further and it seems to still try to
function when I push the button down, but does nothing when I try to roll it back up. I bought a new window lift motor to see if that was the problem. When I plugged it in (did not fully install it) to see what happened the motor turned when I pushed the button down and did nothing when I pushed it up. I am assuming that this motor is supposed to be reversible, so I am also assuming that this means the problem is definitely related to pushing the button up. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Does anyone have any idea what I might need to check/replace? I am guessing the original lift motor is ok, so I don't know what to do now...
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yep.. the switch is dirty. Buy some contact cleaner and spray it around the switch, may work. If not.. then remove the switch assy from connector assy... then, on a table, CAREFULLY open the switch housing - detent clips around outside of housing. I say care because the internal parts will then be loose so you must maintain it upright. You'll easily see the dirt and gunk.
Next option, go to a scrapyard, better yet.. get the other switch FIRST before trying to open and clean the original.
you pay..DEAL with it!
I took an air duster to it and cleaned it up really well. The window rolled up halfway, but struggled the whole way. I tried to open the switch housing as you mentioned and couldn't get it. I went to the Ford dealer and ordered a new one this morning. Hopefully that does it.
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Then you have other issues, as well. you may end up needing that second motor.. or the tracking may be binding and/or need appropriate lube
you pay..DEAL with it!
what kind of lube would you put on something like that?
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

White lube on the regulator assembly and spray silicone lube down the felt run channels.

I have a similar problem, but with a "Mystique" (sp). I replaced the switch with one from the junk yard and still does the same thing. one way to get it to come up is to disconnect the 2 connectors from the switch, wait a few seconds, reconnect and it works. but if I do it again I have to go through the same steps all over. any ideas. TIA