1994 Ranger - License Plate Lamp

My license lamps are not working. At one socket I read no voltage....the other socket I read correct voltage (13.21 V) though when I put in a working
lamp it does not illuminate. I cleaned the lampolder contacts, that still did not seem to help. Any idea when the high resistance connection is? The leads run along the frame in a bunbdle, though I am not sure where they may be spliced or terminate. Any assistance in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. I do not want to get a ticket for no license plate lamps. Thank you, Joe
Joe wrote:

Drive the car only during the day.
Make sure that the lamps have a good ground, too.
Jeff