97 Ford Contour shaking ( vibrating )

My daughter's 97 Ford Contour recently broke a timing belt. The shop replaced 3 bad motor mounts and and the timing belt. The car is now shaking ( vibrating ) quite badly. It shakes during idle and does not idle well. The shaking evens out as the speed increases. I'm not sure what the problem is. The actual power performance seems pretty good. It shook (vibrated ) a bit before the belt broke and the mounts were replaced. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
bigtoe

3 bad motor mounts and and the timing belt. The car is now shaking ( vibrating ) quite badly. It shakes during idle and does not idle well. The shaking evens out as the speed increases. I'm not sure what the problem is. The actual power performance seems pretty good. It shook (vibrated ) a bit before the belt broke and the mounts were replaced. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would take it back to the people who changed the timing belt and motor mounts and ask them to look at it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

replaced 3 bad motor mounts and and the timing belt. The car is now shaking ( vibrating ) quite badly. It shakes during idle and does not idle well. The shaking evens out as the speed increases. I'm not sure what the problem is. The actual power performance seems pretty good. It shook (vibrated ) a bit before the belt broke and the mounts were replaced. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I suspect the mounts are not properly adjusted.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clarence at snyder dot on dot

placed 3 bad motor mounts and and the timing belt. =A0The car is now shaking= ( vibrating ) quite badly. =A0It shakes during idle and does not idle well.= =A0The shaking evens out as the speed increases. =A0I'm not sure what the p= roblem is. =A0The actual power performance seems pretty good. =A0It shook (v= ibrated ) a bit before the belt broke and the mounts were replaced. Any advi= ce would be appreciated. =A0Thanks.

No check engine light on?

Could be a loose or bad spark plug wire, or a fouled sparkplug.

If the timing belt was one tooth off it would run bad at higher speeds.

CC

Reply to
CarCrazy666