99 Explorer Pats Problem

Hi;

Started to install a Remote Starter in a 99 Explorer with PATS. I was trying to locate the factoy disarm wire but couldnt. Now the car wont start at all. I have 65psi of fuel and I have spark. I think the PATS anti theft system is stuck. I have checked all the fuses and they are all good. It cranks but does not start. I believe it uses a transponder. There is a black plastic ring with a module that fits over the key cylinder. It has 4 wires that hooks up to a white connector under the steering column.

Before I ran into problems I was checking out this connector. With no key in the ignition, all four wires showed ground. When key inserted and in run position, one wire was ground and other three where hot. I attempted to jump the three wires with hot and see if the vehicle would then start without the key in the ignition. it would not. Then i put everything back together and it still would not start. I replaced the transponder on the Ignition cylinder. Still wont start.

Any advice on what to check?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
komobu