1995 ford contour won't start

2 weeks ago the timing belt didn't break but the pulleys? did. She had just started it and didn't drive but a second. Had all that replaced. Runs ok for a week. Then last week it overheats (the daughter was
driving and didn't pay attention to what was going on). The lower radiator hose was broke. Fixed that, refilled with fluids. Car won't start.
Towed to a shop, who are ticking us off, haven't even moved it from the spot it was towed to, while alluding on the phone that they were looking at it. We might just take to another shop tomorrow.
I can't recall if he said it did or didn't have spark. Was going to try and get to it tomorrow to check compression.
After the belt was fixed, it for the first time ever, was leaking some oil. The daughters boyfriend said there was oil on the plugs, he though the valve cover needed to be replaced.
Might that belt incident have just fubar'd it all? Could the oil on the plugs cause this? I realize we might be looking at a cracked block which will mean the graveyard.

If it got really hot, the tension in the rings will be gone meaning very low compression, no start!