'93 Explorer Codes

How do I extract the engine PCM codes for a '93 Ford Explorer.

Also, I have the info code meanings for a '92 E350. Would they be the same?

David

Reply to
David N. Makinson

Back then, it was all EEC-IV, and the codes are standardized. You can pull the codes several ways, like:

get a digital code reader for maybe $35 and you won't have to count"flashes".

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke

The code definitions will be roughly the same... but the pinpoint tests will differ....

The E-box will have a speed/density injection strategy while the Ex has a MAF strategy - not to mention the differences in EGR systems and ignition systems.

Reply to
Jim Warman