1995 Ford Escort fuel gauge

Ok, here's an update. I had installed a brand new OEM fuel pump and sending unit. It seems it made a minor difference but not much. The other day my fuel gauge was right on empty, and I filled up, and it
said 10 gallons went in. So my fuel gauge is off by a couple gallons.
Is there any thing else I can change or look at? Like a relay? I want to get it as accurate as possible.
Thanks!!