1995 Ford Escort GT 1.8 engine oil capacity

Anyone know what is the oil capaticy of the 1994 1.8 DOHC engine? I changed the oil and filter in my wifes car today and put in 2 quarts, ran the engine until warm to insure the filter had oil and the digstick showed
full after shuting the engine off with the same 2 quarts. While we are on this subject.....may I have the head of whomever invented the totally assine location of the oil filter for this engine!!!
Engine oil capacity with filter change is 4.0 qts ( 3.8L).

denton wrote:

quarts, ran

showed
invented
Keep it up, you'll get used to it after a while.
Matt