2004 Corolla Oil Capacity ?

My son just bought a used 2004 Corolla and wants to change the oil soon. It has the 1.8L 4-cylinder engine. He did not get an Owner's Manual with the car. Can someone look in their manual and tell me what the oil capacity (U.S. quarts) is, when you change the oil and filter? Thanks.

Reply to
johnboync

It takes either 4 quarts, or 5. Put 4 in and see where it hits on the stick, then add another if needed.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

4.1 Qts with drain and filter change (as measured with digital readout dispenser; I'm not that anal that I would open a tenth of a new bottle to make it perfect - if I was working at home).

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

thanks for the quick reply