1995 Ford Windstar

My windstar shows door ajar light, but all the doors are locked Because it thinks Door is ajar it leaves all the internal lights on. I think the door ajar comes from Back lift door. Anyone can comment on this and on how to stop the light on.

Reply to
Baljit

one of your door switches sounds damaged. You can get the switch fixed... otherwise if the dome has an off posistion turn it to off.. if not pull the fuse in the mean time.

Reply to
Ken Gallo Jr

Reply to
Dave Helland

I have a 98 Windstar. When I had the problem it was the rear door (tail gate) switch. There are 2 switches, one in each latch mechanism. I sprayed contact cleaner in each to clean them. Then lubed them with a light oil like Triflow. I wouldn't recommend WD-40. Also my Windstar will automatically turn the power off to the interior lights in a 1/2 hour. It has a battery saver feature. Yours may have it also. Pat

Reply to
PATRICK T. DAVIDSON