Ford Ranger, 1999, door ajar warning

Where is the switch that senses a door being ajar -- I can't seem to find it. Is it inside the door where it is operated by the door latch mechanism ? Tnx Jim H.

-- Message posted using

information at

jimhigh66

I had a 95 ranger, same problem. Anyway spraying dw40 upward in the latch worked. The sensor was just above the latch on the ranger.

It is a common problem with many fords so just do a search on google. You'll have no shortage of answers.

Pah

Reply to
pahtoot

If it's a 4-door and a rear door that keeps the light on then try a little more force closing that door. On my 2000 Ranger the rear doors appear to be closed and latched, but not toght like they should be so the light comes on. You can tell pulling on the door a little and seeing it move a bit at the bottom. Slam it good and it latches tight, doesn't move and the light stays off. My experience anyway.

Reply to
Robert Dion

"the switch is in the door latch. spray it with wd40 inside the latch and open-close the door 5-6 times, then repeat the spray and work the door. this will clean the switch

Reply to
Tom

Thanks all. I'll try the WD-40 and I now know where the switch is located if that doesn't work. ( I should have included that's it's a 2-door. )

-- Message posted using

information at

jimhigh66