1995 Thunderbird 3.8L V-6 known problems?

I recently got a deal on this car. Actually, it was given to me and I was told that it had a cracked head or blown head gasket, but that was a guess
as far as I know so far. Anyway, there's oil in the coolant and coolant in the oil. Could be an intake gasket too. I want to know if there are any *known* problems with this engine. Does anyone have experience with this engine that can tell me if there is a problem that is typical?
Thanks for your input.
Chip

KNOWN problem? You just descrbed it... and it isnt the intake gasket
Unless you're a mechanic, rebuilt engine. How many miles on it?
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

One of my friends just had the head gasket replaced on his 3.8...
:)
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!

Chip wrote:

There's been a lot of posts on the 3.8 and head gaskets. Known problem? I think so.
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:50:13 -0500, "Chip"

even TRY to repair the one you have. Get a guality rebuilt long-block. and then watch the coolant like a hawk. ONE oz of coolant in the oil will scrub the bearings out of it in no time.Or put a 5.0 crate engine in it.

The head gaskets blow on the 3.8 engines.
The transmissions are weak
The brake rotors warp.
The NHTSA government web site under consumer complaints on this car lists alot of unexplained electrical fires.
Congratulations on your "deal" Steve 95 T-Bird LX 4.6 v8

Don't appreciate everyone dissing the 3.8. The brakes are the same as the ones in the 302's, the transmissions are the same also. You call an AOD a weak transmission? Funny, the tranny in your 4.6 is the same with a few electronics in it. I have a '92 with a 3.8 and it's running strong past 100,000 with absolutely no problems, and I whip the crap out of it. Yeah they've had headgasket problems, that sounds like the case here, but you don't need to be rude and tell him his car is a piece of junk.

It sounds like you have a head gasket job in your not too distant future. If they haven't already been done you're on borrowed time.