1996 Crown Victoria PI

At 60 mph you get a very high pitched noise from inside the car. Sounds like it is coming from everywhere but I think is from the dash. After you get above 65mph it goes away.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Don Manning
2.3Sleeper opined in

Suspect wind noise or you might check to see if it's electronic... even if radio is off.
Also the trans sometimes whistles.. check if you hear change in pitch as you accelerate... I assume it doesnt ONLY appear at 60.. must happen other times.
Doesn't kick in until 60 mph. Someone mentioned the VSS but I am not sure. Their is a crack in the windshield, but I suspect that would start out weak and get stronger as you went faster.
Don Manning

I had a similar problem on a 96 grand marquis (same car for all intents and purposes).. turned out to be a bad seal on the bottom left corner of the windshield. only happend around 55mph, went away after 65-70 or so... just encouraged me to speed :(

What's on the roof?
--
Steve
=========

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Now all of the lights are INSIDE the vehicle.
Don Manning