adding a cd-changer or amp on a 97 taurus

I have a 97 taurus GL with the silly oval stereo tape deck. This one has CD-changer controls on it for a trunk mounted changer, but doesn't have the actual changer installed.

What's involved in installing a changer in the trunk? which brands will work with my head unit "out of the box". Is the wiring already to the trunk? where should I be looking?

Also, if I wanted to install an aftermarket amp (nothing really high end), can i do it from the trunk? any special considerations?

Thanks!!!

Reply to
Teknical

Try crutchfield.com - they have a "what fits my car?" section. Also try the Taurus news group. Someone must have already done this at one time or another. Good luck! SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

If you would like a "factory" am/fm/cd player, try ebay. For under $200.00, you can find a used radio, easy swap.

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit

Thanks for the tips guys!

Reply to
Teknical

Please tell me the name of the "Taurus news group" -

Can't find anything on Easy News

thanks, S.

Reply to
Solaratov