Catalytic converter on a diesel engine

What year did ford start fitting an Oxidation catalyst to its diesel cars? And does anyone know what is the expected life span of these catalyst?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Thomas Moats

I didn't know that catalytic convertors were fitted to engines.

I always though that there were fitted to the exhaust pipes.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Being that the exhaust is an integral part of the engine system it can be considered to be fitted to the engine. Besides that, where does it say the catalyst is on the engine? I said manufactures of diesel are using catalyst

Reply to
Thomas Moats

I misread the post.

My apologies.