1996 FORD WINSTAR

Just wondering if anyone had a reverse problem with these vans before for some resson my reverse wont work linkeg in good just stopped one day ????????????

Not sure what the word 'linkeg" means.

sorry linkage is fine meaning it shifts ok all other gears just reverse wont work / its like its not there.there is no sound or anything ????
any info would be helpful is there a part i can change to solve this problem trans shops dont tell me anything ????