1997 Ford taurus lower ball joints

I need to take the transmission out of my car but I am having a hard time getting the lower ball joints loose. Can anyone help me?

Support the car on the jack points.... undo and remove the pinchbolts at the bottom of the knuckle. Wrap a short piece of chain around the control arm and slide a healthy crowbar (wrecking bar, we call them) through the loop of chain below the control arm. Place a piece of 4X4 between the end of the lever and the engine cradle and pry down.... works like a charm.