1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (CAN edition)

Single Exhaust, pipe just bought it (right behind the CAT)...
I want to go dual-exhaust... Standard OEM parts call for an H-pipe, but according to Mustang Owners, an X-Pipe is better (a little more HP), but
a little pricier...
Is it worth going to an X-Pipe, or will an H-pipe do the same without paying a premium?
Depending on the price, I might just get that fixed, without swapping anything, but since I wanted to go dual this summer, I might do it now...
Any Ideas, opinions, insults?
Thanks in advance...
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!

the H pipe works fine. it is a direct bolt in, and then you add the mufflers and tail pipes. your car already has 2 cats on it, and the H pipe bolts to the cats.

El Bandito wrote:

Without other significant modifications to the engine and EEC controls, you'll never notice a difference between an X and an H pipe.

I like your end question " Any Ideas, opinions, insults?" You've been here before, eh?!!!! LOL You usually do get all three. A very informative and opinionated group! We're all Ford people though, and that's what counts!
sanpablo wrote:

Yer a troll. ;) (I had to add the missing insult).