2000 Contour - fuel pump removal

Having problems disconnecting the fuel line from the fuel pump. This is a returnless fuel pump. The instructions say "squeeze the tabs and pull
firmly on the fuel line" to remove it. I have squeezed and pulled and pried until my fingers are worn out. Any tips? Thanks,
Craig

rotate while pulling... if it's the plastic tabs get new ones and break off the old ones.

IN THAT ORDER!