Galant 2000 -Alternator Removal! HELP

I need to replace the alternator from my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant. I remove the top bolt with the adjustment screw. I also removed the nut from the bottom bolt. However I cannot slide the bottom bolt completely off to remove the alternator. The bolt is hitting the inside frame of the body.

Reply to
Ben De Jesus

It looks you need to lower engine slightly on driver's side. This seems typical for some repairs on Mitsu :-/ There should be two nuts on top. The manual says to replace nuts cause nuts have plastic rings for self locking that gets damaged.

top bolt with the adjustment screw. I also removed

completely off to remove the alternator. The bolt is hitting

Reply to
MXW

Great! I will check that out and let you know.

Ben

Reply to
Ben De Jesus