2001 Taurus rough idle in AM

2001 DuraTech 24v with 225K miles I have no CEL light but in the AM when I crank it up it will stumble, rough idle almost die then recover after a few
minutes and run fine after it warms completely up. I replaced plugs checked for vac leaks and replace the PVC and IAC. Gas mileage is fine, power is normal it just has this event in the AM until it warms up and ideas ?
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 01:33:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I suspect your ECT (engine coolant temperature) sensor is at or beyond it's limits for correction by the ECM. This is the sensor that tells the ECM or PCM (computer) your engines operating temperature - not the one that is read by your dash guage. It is not uncommon for it to not set a code if the computer is able to eventually get a useable signal. Another comman malady causing this is a dirty/failing MAF sensor. Easily cleaned with no residue electronic cleaner and a cotton swab with a little care. It can be easily damaged and rendered useless. There are several sites here on the net with instructions and photos of cleaning the MAF sensor.
Lugnut