2002 Ford F150 Cruise Control Problem

Hello All,
My cruise control on my 2002 F150 pickup works some days and other days it does not. It either powers up and works or does not power up at all. A
neighbor of mine says that there is a sensor in my brake light switch that may be to blame and suggests that I change the switch. At least I know that no fuse is blown as it does work on occasion, but I guess it could be a bad ground connection or something like that. Any suggestions as to the resolution of this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jim Halbert snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

The problem could be anything from the switches not working to a bad connection. Unless you know how to use a multi-meter and can read and follow a schematic, all you will do is replace parts. If the speed control is that important to you, find a technician you trust and let him/her do the work.