Subject Author Posted Replies

'93 Aerostar throttle
Hey, Got myself a 1993 Ford Aerostar Eddie Bauer AWD 4.0L. I got the starter replaced and since then, the engine revs to 3000+ RPM on startup then can barely keep running, often stalling out. As well,...

Decode This! Universal Classic Car VIN Decoder
Hello, I'm the developer of a new Classic Car VIN decoder website named Decode This! ( We are a single source for decodingclassic American VINs as well as providing detailed information onthose VINs....

big block Ford 460 carb- 4-barrel autolite-$10

10W40 in 5W30 application - What problems?
I just found some old receipts and realized that the quick lube place put _10W40_ in my 98 Escort. All my tapping problems started after this date. (Fortunately no cold weather). This engine was...
5
5

2002 Crown Victoria Base Model
Just bought it recently, some questions: 1.Do the red lights in the two front doors light up when the doors are opened ?, mine don't . 2.Even following the manual instructions I still can't get the...
3
3

INFO: glossary of Ford EFI and Powertrain/chassis terms
Not meant to be complete, most terms encountered by non-pro's should be here. Jim Warman's additions included ABS Anti-Lock Braking System. ACT Air Charge Temperature (intake air, after filter). ATX...
1
1

motor phase
Sorry for the tecnical english missing ... Where is it possible to find in the www the old schematichs for the motor phase of ford cars? Thanks
1
1

LOCATION OF SENSORS on 88 CROWN VIC
Hello Group, Ty here. I have a 1988 Ford Crown Vic and recognise I have several problems with engine running etc. Respecfully, for all I have gathered I need to check the MANY MANY sensors on this...
3
3

Q: How do I .....
change the backseat reading light bulbs on a 99 Navigator? Do I pull just the clear lens off the fixture....or do I pull the entire fixture out of the headliner? There is nothing about this in the...

89 Ford 351 Very High Idle
Vehicle overheated. It was a blown heater control valve. Right before pulling off, the engine shuddered, and the idle jumped to a very high idle. Replaced the HCV, no cooling issues. Now it cranks up...
1
1

Ever heard of the locking system completely locking up - 98 ford explorer
I have a 1998 ford explorer. The remote stopped working, though i believe the battery to be dead anyway. so i tried to unlock the car with the key though all of the entry locks seem to be seized in...
6
6

1997 Aerostar starter- thunk when starting
Just after I start my 1997 Ford Aerostar, I hear a thunk then the key is released. It is definitely coming from the engine and not the ignition switch. I once had a truck where the soleniod (sp) got...
4
4

Shifting problem with 99 Mustang V6
I am having a shifting problem with my mustang. A while ago my engine light went off and it disappeared in 2 days before i could get some one to check it. My car started to shift into 2nd gear in less...
2
2

To Jim Warman (Not Mr. Warman)
I wish to thank you for your advice on the noise from my '93 Tempo. I finally got a chance to check the harmonic, I could turn the pulley about .015" with out the harmonic itself moving. I ordered a...
1
1

99 Windstar Gas question...
Hi, How many highway MPG do these things get, and Ive never had the fuel pump light come on yet, when it does how many gallons do I have left? Thanks
3
3