Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Cylinder Missfire
This isn't what I meant. The owner is not telling the service manager anything other than the complaint; ie, misfiring. What is happening is the service writer takes a stab at the diagnosis, either...
2
2

how to change backseat reading light bulbs on Navigator (expedition?)
I've got a 99 Navigator and one of the back seat reading bulbs is out. How do I change it? Do I pull just the clear lens off the fixture....or do I pull the entire fixture out of the headliner? There...

engine problem
hi i hope this is correct place for questions. i bought ford mondeo 2.5 v6 1996 few weeks ago. when i got it home it developed a top end rattle so i bought engine out of scrapyard for £200 put this...

Turn signal stalk
On my 1988 Crown Vic, how do I get that stalk out of the signal switch? I see a notch in the hole it's in but I don't know how specifically to get it out.
2
2

time for tires for my '95 Vic
And I am not as financially sound as I was last time. 6 years ago I bought Michelin X-One's. Pretty good time, nice ride, 100k miles. The Cougar had same tires and went 40k so . . . I am looking at...
7
7

Remove fuel rail on Escort?
Poking about today, I find that one of the injectors on my wagon is apparently the root cause of my once-in-a-while running-on-three-cylinders symptom. If I wiggle that injector while the engine is...
5
5

99 Taurus, strange horn problem
I have a 99 Taurus that has a strange problem. It's my daughter's car, (which means nothing about the problem), but what is strange is that they horn works with the button on the steering wheel just...
2
2

99 Taurus Stalls when putting in gear
99 Taurus, 3.0L, ~78K miles. It starts and runs just fine. Put it in gear, and it stalls. Dead. That's it. Put it back in park, starts up just fine. I just replaced the speed sensor about 6 weeks ago,...
6
6

draging brakes - 86 aerostar
any idea on what would cause the brakes to periodically drag on my 86 aerostar ? new rotors ,new front and back pads ,new front calipers and rear brake cylanders, emergency brake cable dissengaged....
5
5

Missing 4.6 V-8
Hi, My '95 Town Car with 4.6 SOHC V-8 is missing on the # 1 cylinder. The computer says so, and the spark plug indicates incomplete combustion as it is pretty black compared to all the others....
11
11

End of the Line for Ford Taurus
same week that Ford's new chief executive, Alan R. Mulally, said the struggling company needed to transform itself with grand new ambitions - the same kind of ambitions that gave birth to the Taurus,...
2
2

Changing Brakes on Aerostar
I recently had to change brakes for the first time on my Aerostar. When I got the wheel off, I was surprised to find no bolts! Looking for help on USENET, the only thread I could find that addressed...
1
1

New Vihicle google group please join
New google Vehicle group Please join and help us grow. Tech info on repiars, buying, selling, codes, good models, plus much more. * Group name: Vehicles * Group home page: * Group email address And...
2
2

new Ford Mondeo - when will be available in Europe ?

old man taurus
i have a 89 taurus 3.8 efi v6, the probelm is it hesitates on acceleration pedal to floor, plus after driving for awhile when i go to restart the car it wont start unless i shoot some starting fluid...
3
3