Subject Author Posted Replies

Ford Puma
Hello, I've got a 1.4 UK Ford Puma. I'd like to give it a simple service: oil, oil filter, air filter,etc. Are there any tips on doing this? It seems the air filter is squashed between the wing and...
3
3

Escort rear brake system?
I recently did a rear brake job on a 94' Escort with drum brakes. Everything went well except I'm not clear on how the automatic brake adjuster system works on the newer Escorts (since 1991). The...
3
3

1999 Grand Marquis door codes
I don't have the codes, nor could I find anything to reset the codes. (the numeral buttons on the door) My stealership wants about 50$ to reset the codes. Any other ways? It says in the book to look...
1
1

Largest Computer Error Code List
Autotree Pro Ver. 1.45 is a 32 Bit ( WIN95-XP) software Application for automotive diagnostics. The program written in a Tree format to make systematic and quick diagnostic checks a breeze, organized...
2
2

Central Locking Problem with 1999 Ford Focus
Hi, I lock my car using key, never been a problem until today. when all doors are unlocked and i try and lock it from drivers door it turns over to lock then unlocks. If i lock it from passenger door...
1
1

Mondeo TDCI glow plug light flashing - turbo stopped
I have a persistent intermittent problem on my 2000 TDCi Mondeo automatic Occasionally the glow plug light starts flashing, when this happens the car is gutless because the turbo has stopped....

STARTER REPLACEMENT (OR NOT) 95 TOWN CAR
Car has about 188K miles on it. starter looks original. I don't want to get caught on the road and have the starter fail. Is there a way to test it and am I better off just replacing it? Looking at...
1
1

Two Symptoms I'm Having In My Windstar
1. Loud whining sound coming from one of the wheel areas once car has been driven for a while. Sound goes away when brake is applied. When stopped I can feel a large amount of heat coming from wheel...
4
4

Ford Expedition Gear Shifter won't go to park
I have a 1999 Ford Expedition that will not go to park. Strangely enough R is now park, N is reverse, D is neutral and 1 is drive. Anyone know why this is?
2
2

1996 ford 7.5 liter pinging bad
Has 100,000 miles on it. It is pinging ....changed plugs, wires,distributer cap, can the eec module or the icm module cause this? Thanks in advance
2
2

Drivers side window doesn't work
Crown Vic 2002. I just get a click inside the door panel after I hit the down button. All other windows work. Haven't checked fuses as yet, but the drivers window is on with the other three. Possible...
1
1

Stereo Turns Off when Wipers Turn On
I cant figure this out...when I start my car (any time of the day) the car stereo does not come on, nor does the digital clock (I have a 98 Toyota RAV4). When I start to drive down the road, I can see...
4
4

C6 failure diagnosis
'68 C6 behind a truck 390 failed when it "slammed" into reverse with choke on. Initially loud "clattering" noise from trans, then nothing. Now, I get drive in 2 and 3 only, no 1 and R, but I can feel...

2000 Fard Taurus FFV
Hi, I am experiencing intermitant stalling. The car has 175,000 miles on it and has been great! The stalling started about a month ago - weather the same as usual. The car would start fine. Started...
1
1

Couple of Windstar questions
I have a couple of quick questions about my '01 Windstar. First, sometimes I can't unlock it using the fob. Either fob, and the batteries check out ok. Once I unlock it using the key and turn the...
5
5