1996 ford 7.5 liter pinging bad

Has 100,000 miles on it. It is pinging ....changed plugs, wires,distributer cap, can the eec module or the icm module cause this? Thanks in advance

Reply to
risky

Typical of a dirty MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor.

Will also sometimes show as hesitation on acceleration.

Instructions for cleaning are on many ford sites..

But they are typically mis-informed like This guy:

I use rubbing alcohol and a new small paint brush.. though you may follow his directions if it makes you feel better.

If you wonder who is right... he is 'Dan the Oil Man' I am BM the former electronics engineer,

Disregard

as they simply parrot Ford position on it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

this may also be a valve

Reply to