3.8 radiator removal trouble

I need to replace the radiator in my '91 Mercury Sable 3.8. The car is on ramps & I've removed the radiator shield, hoses, & brackets, but I'm
having difficulty accessing the cooling lines(two; right/passenger side)so I can remove them & release the unit. Any helpful suggestions (short of taking the car to a mechanic or having an intelligence implant performed) will be appreciated! Thanks, all!!
docdog wrote:

I just went through this with an Isuzu. The hose clamps were basically unaccessible due to the fact that they were facing down. I managed to remove the hoses by cutting off the part of the old radiator that they were attached to with a small hand held saw. Once the radiator was out I had enough room to pull the cut off parts of the radiator from the hoses.
When I installed the new radiator I orientated the clamps so I could get at them from the top by using several extensions and a small socket (5/16 I think). Challenging but doable.
Not a bad idea F.H., but I can't even get a hacksaw blade &/or snippers of any sort to the lower line. I'm still looking for ideas folks, & should've mentioned I've also already removed the fan. Thanks again to everyone that helps!
docdog wrote:

How about one third of a blade (new preferred) squeezed *very* tight in a pair of vice grips? The metal is soft, short strokes will get it.
F.H. wrote:

Or...., are the hoses accessible from the other end? Or....if you cut the hoses can you then replace them without so much difficulty once you have more room to work?
Frank
In article

Get a bandsaw blade and loop it around the hose. It'll lay flat-side against the hose, so take one of the free ends and twist it up until you get some teeth to turn around against the hose. Twist the other end opposite the first. Now alternately pull on the ends to saw through the hose. Once you're down to just the wire, just pull like hell and tear it out of the hose. Works on metal lines and exhaust too, but takes forever and a day. There use to be abrasive wires that would replace hacksaw blades. The good ones were actually flexible. But these days they're all too rigid and would break.

My problem has been with the metal transmission cooler lines rather than the rubber radiator hoses. B.B., I appreciate you jumping in, that was a good idea too!! However, as my ol' sitcom hero Maxwell Smart used to say "Ah, the old hacksaw blade in the vise grips trick - works every time!!" Thanks Frank, using your idea & some of my limited ingenuity I was able to cut the lines at the radiator, & after applying some lubricant got the old nuts off the male ends. Project isn't yet finished (have to put on new bumper as someone was nice enough to hit & run the vehicle while parked @ my house), but old radiator is out, new one's in & everything's connected!! Thanks again to both of you for your input.
docdog wrote:

Glad to be able to help. The only thing better than a good honest mechanic is finding a way to not have to visit him. <G> Another alt.autos.ford success story. The guys around here have saved me mucho dinero over the last few years and since I am retired I have more time than money so its *really* appreciated.