350

looking for a replacement moter for 91 merc marq. 350.can anyone tell me what i can expect to spend on a decent one.+ installation. ballpark.the body and trans are in good shape but current motor blown.

No such thing. You're looking for a 302.
CJ

i think you're right.its a 5.0L fuel injected. 302.someone told me it was a 351. thanks for the input kk

Uh, a 350 CID engine is a GM product. Maybe you mean 351W or a 302?
Yet another $.02 worth from the proud owner of a1970 Mustang Mach I 351C @ http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt

I already sold my used 351W (5.8L) for 250$... 250 000 KM (155 300 miles) on it running great. Now, your motor should be a 302cid (5.0L) w/fuel injection. Most 351W are carburted with a 2bbl variable venturis.

Gee, That's funny I have a drivetrain and I am Looking for a car like your 91 Merc BeeVee

I would guess about $1800 for a 302. If one wanted to install a carb'd police-spec Cleveland, I would guess no more than $2000. Labor for the swap will, of course, vary widely be location and condition of the car (other failed components requiring replacement, nasty/rusty cars can be subject to a slight increase in book time). Suggest inquiring with a trusted shop for an accurate labor estimate.
Mark
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:20:22 -0700, vigilant1 wrote:

--
remove 'spamsucks' from mail addy for replies.
I fart in Darl McBride's general direction.