350 chevy replacement motor

motor arrived the other day noticed a few things that i wasn't happy with but the one thing that really gets my attention is it is bored .040 over isn't that getting to the point of marginal as far as the cylinder wall thickness is concerned? anyone one know what cubic inch is now? thanks batw

Reply to
batw

A "forty over" 350 comes up to 356.87969783762493847340748650196 cubic inches with simple calculations. Forty over shouldn't be a problem unless you have a marginal cooling system or are using it for duty that a small block is too small for anyway. (like towing heavy loads in the mountains)

Reply to
Steve Barker

Steve thanks for the info and quick answer I bought a new 4 row tube radiator for it last year and it will take the hottest heat you can actually see when the thermostat open and closes.. I ordered the motor -w- special steel head gaskets and flat top pistons 9.0-1 comp and a r.v. grind cam? that's what they told me I want this primarily for towing and fuel economy thanks again batw

Reply to
batw