'56 Ford Sunliner Parts

I am putting this on this NG for my brother whom is building a '56 Ford Sunliner convertible. He needs the aluminum skelton top for this vehicle. I have found LOTS of places that supply the fabric top, but none where I would find the skelton structure that the top attaches to. Thanks for any leads on this. To reply direct take out the "nospam" or reply to this posting...Thanks again...Jim

Reply to
Jim

I don't know where you are located but I just looked at a convertible a couple of months ago. The only good part on it was the top mechanism and bows. Even those had a couple of bullet holes in them but I don't think they would cause any problems. The guy bought the car when he was in high school and was looking for someone who might want to try and restore it. I told him it was too far gone for that but it might provide some parts to help restore someone else's car.

It is located in central Iowa.

E-mail me direct if you think you might be interested.

Leon Rowell

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell

in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jim at jim wrote on 12/3/04

4:11 PM:

Your best bet is to check out a copy of OLD CAR TRADER or Hemmings Motor News. There should be someone there who can help.

Reply to
Tiger

Hi Tiger,

I put him in touch with a guy in Iowa that had a parts car & just received an E-mail that he had bought it.

Leon Rowell

Tiger wrote:

Reply to
Leon Rowell