'62 Falcon wagon/ turn signal problem

All electrical is working i.e, dashboard instruments panel,headlights, tailiights, brake,and reverse,but the driver's side front and tail directional lights don't flash or blink intermittenly to indicate turning.
My mechanic said I must have a dead bulb somewhere so I replaced the front bulb. Now I get a blinking signal, but it flashes or blinks so slow that it might as well not be flashing.Any ideas where to look for the problem would certainly be appreciated. JT in Florida
One of the most common problems with older cars are bad connections. Bad ground is the most common problems. Replace turnsignal flasher with a HD electonic unit (TRIDON is just one of those available). Then check all the el.connections and pay exrtra attentions to ground. A more remote problem could be your turnsignal swich. Good luck.
falconsurf wrote:

It takes the current of all the expected bulbs in the circuit to properly heat the blinker element. Keep looking for open bulbs. Pops
--
Richard N. Price

snipped-for-privacy@cfl.rr.com
Thanks Pops and Remo,I'll check it. JT