$65,000 A Year? Bye, U.S. Auto Workers!

Page 4 of 5

How do you like the Zephyr compared to the Lincoln LS?
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

(\_ _/)
βœ–
mm NO that's NOT my opinion- it's from DIRECT and factual experience from WORKING IN THE FACTORY and with management itself... How are you going to tell me that I don't know that the quality control standards are for a place that I WORK FOR? I saw what went on, on the lines (which I worked also), in multiple departments 12hrs/day 6days/wk 365/days/yr. I was also part of the quality control group that delt with defective parts from numerous production lines etc... I KNOW what I'm talking about. Not to rub it in your face or anything, but come on guy, think before you post something like that. Even the janitors that work in said factories know a much more about what goes on that someone reading over hyped reports in the mass media etc. Try talking with people that see what goes on and over hears management making all kinds of strange and shady deals to cut production costs and increase profits, at the detriment to the buyer. Either way, I no longer give much of a hoot about the whole thing. It's a classic case of what's wrong with this whole ultra-aggressive-pro-capitalism hegemony- selling out the citizens of this country for the almighty dollar. Hrmm I bet that last statement will spark up more noobish rants and tangents... haha good day.
Wait... on second thought... GM, Ford, Chevy etc... they actually can and could make some quality products, but the stigma of "cheap and profitable" patriotic ideologies are holding them back. Ford's GT40 remake (even though it uses a super charger), Chevy's Z06, aren't exactly my fav sports cars, but they are a testament to the quality standards that they COULD impose on lower tier models and and ideology they should start forcing the rest of the world to see: that indeed they CAN and WILL start producing world competitive and possibly leading automotive technologies. It's a matter of shaking off that old iron-worker methodology of lower quality, mismanaged, all-for-profit mass production Vs mass production, higher quality, and Sigma Six management style accountability. blah blah blah blah...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hey Jay! Ever heard of a paragraph?
par·a·graph Pronunciation Key (pr-grf) n. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words. In grammar is a group of sentences that encloses the main idea and 3 supporting sentences.
The main reason for paragraph and puncuation use is for eas of reading...
"In addition, this excerpt has been broken into shorter paragraphs for ease of Internet reading."
"The longer paragraphs have been split for ease of reading and some very long sentences broken apart for the same reason. "
Add pictures here
βœ–
No it will be the Camry built in China. I don't know why you think the Chinese will not buy them, the Camry is a good car. Toyota will just sell it cheaper in China, like they do now in third world counties. The Camry is over priced and underpowered for my taste but Americans are buying them in good numbers. I think the kind of American that would buy a car, that is currently only assembled in the US of mostly imported parts by a foreign corporation that pays no US federal corporate income taxes, like the Camry will still buy them when they are made in China.. Those buyers that buy all of the Toyotas that are made in Japan have no concern for their own countries economy. Why do you think they would they be concerned about Japanese economy over the Chinese economy? ;)
mike hunt

Add pictures here
βœ–

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/01/23/toyota.cup/index.html
(excerpt) Toyota to race Cup, Busch beginning in '07 (January 23, 2006) NASCAR and Toyota announced Monday the manufacturer's plans to expand its racing program by competing in the Nextel Cup and Busch series starting in 2007, fielding the Camry model.
Unreal but true.
βœ–
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:26:12 -0500, Franky Furter wrote:

No surprise that a top poster would say something as stupid as that. The average wage is close to $40k.

Wrong again.
Add pictures here
βœ–
dizzy wrote:

true.
not true. Try raising even one kid on 50k. Almost impossible without those dreaded entitlement programs.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Learning Richard, 1/25/2006,8:08:13 PM, wrote:

That depends where you live. I support a wife and two kids, albeit we sacrifice many things, and I am below your threshold.
--
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul." ~ George Bernard Shaw
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:08:13 -0800, Learning Richard wrote:

B.S. $50k is plenty to live a decent life for a small family. It sure would not be "poverty".
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:06:34 -0600, Dan J.S. wrote:

That came to be because workers were being abused by the wealthy elite...

It's one of the factors, no doubt. The unions served their purpose at one time, but they've become somewhat obsolete and self-destructive.
Add pictures here
βœ–
dizzy wrote:

yep. Dan, ever heard of the SEIU?
probably not. Why would you have?

Ahh tasty pablum. Unions have not become obsolete even though Republicans have tried to cast them into obsolescence.
Republicans made promises around the time I was born to the Unions, and now they refuse to take a pay cut (8, 9 and 10 digit yearly salaries, all told) to cover those promises.
I'm quite sure that baby Ford, the charlatain at the helm of FoMoCo, hasn't sacrificed one fish egg.
So, they pass the costs onto you, the consumer, and attempt to pad in $3000 extra cost (over and above the cost of Japanese cars) into their dumpy, cheap cars before one shard of metal even hits the front of the assembly line. When consumers don't want their shoddy crap, they just start firing, from the bottom up.
Personally, I think the Ford "Five Hundred" looks like a hulking piece of shit. You won't catch me even test-driving one.
Its just plain bullshit that American citizens are going to foot the bill for Republican greed and excess.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:07:58 -0800, John Bailo wrote:

Oh, it's the Bailo twit, making an ass of himself as usual.
Add pictures here
βœ–

The guy who installs the brakes and airbags should get twice what a doctor makes.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:51:34 GMT, "Steve Stone"

SO, if this is true then should a mechanic make 2 X $65K per year?
If so, I shall go to mechanics school starting tomorrow morning!!!
Priorities: 1. A person with a high school or GED education is worth $65K per year 2. A doctor with an 8-year college education should only earn $100K per year.
I say #1 is very wrong and #2 is spot on.
Who agrees?
ps. When those brakes and airbag fail you in a wreck, care to guess who it is that is going to save your life? Hint:It isn't an auto worker.
************************************ If you wait by the river long enough your enemies will float by. http://www.dubyareport.net / http://www.dubyareport.net/forum /
Add pictures here
βœ–

Not unheard of.

Feel free to ask for recommendations.

Ever hear of Bill Gates?

For some, that would be way overpaid.

Intelligence/worth isn't measured by how long someone stayed in school.

What if he's a volunteer EMT?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Doctors think too highly of themselves. They need to come back down to the ground once and awhile. Some are great. Too many others make serious mistakes and take rather than save lives on a regular basis, quietly shuffling over to the next regional hospital once the body bag count gets too high at their current abode.
Same with college professors. Some are damn good, Others are pompous old farts in need need of a serious colon cleaning.
Bottom line:
Where I live , just outside of NYC metro area, $65k is considered average median household income. A small house on a quarter acre lot will cost you no less than $400k with $14k of property taxes. $35K a year will buy you a cardboard box in an alley or a tent in the woods.
People would not need a total compensation package worth $65k a year if the doctors, insurers, lawyers, and korporate Amerika were not so greedy.
See you at wally world.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Frank from Deeeetroit wrote:

Umm... How do you get 2080 hours in a year "not including holidays and overtime"? Mistakes like this make like this make anything you say suspicious.

Says you, a person who is less than accurate, to say the least.

Define "well over", Mr Facts.
Add pictures here
βœ–
2080 is the normal 40 hour work week per year including vacation time . Over eight and over 40 hours are overtime as well as the overtime premium paid for holidays worked
mike hunt

Add pictures here
βœ–
Dizzy,
I made no mistakes.
40 hours a week times 52 weeks a year equals 2080 hours worked, base pay. Read your check stub to make sure your boss is not ripping you off.
7.65% is any employers FICA contribution foreach employee, just call your payroll department. You should know what your boss takes out of your paycheck,eh?
As far as my "well over" comment, fringe benefits are paid for by your employer, that cost plus the cost of your hourly wages combine to make the total cost the employer pays the employee. Your payroll department and/or your union rep should have explained all of this to you when you began your employment. In the case of the $51,000.00 base hourly wage, these other costs will account for the total cost being over $65,000.00
Frank

Add pictures here
βœ–