$65,000 A Year? Bye, U.S. Auto Workers!

That depends where you live. I support a wife and two kids, albeit we sacrifice many things, and I am below your threshold.

Reply to
badgolferman

We have just been subjected to back-pedaling and changing the subject. Two of Learning Richard's stronger characteristics.

Reply to
badgolferman

Are personal attacks your way of making up for a small penis or what?

You're a fascist. That's something you WON'T backpedal on. Your poor poor children -- raised in an atmosphere of caste and fear. :(

Reply to
Learning Richard

Yes but they export nowhere near what the japanese export because of tariffs. Its really an uneven playing field.

Reply to
Franky Furter

That came to be because workers were being abused by the wealthy elite...

It's one of the factors, no doubt. The unions served their purpose at one time, but they've become somewhat obsolete and self-destructive.

Reply to
dizzy

yep. Dan, ever heard of the SEIU?

probably not. Why would you have?

Ahh tasty pablum. Unions have not become obsolete even though Republicans have tried to cast them into obsolescence.

Republicans made promises around the time I was born to the Unions, and now they refuse to take a pay cut (8, 9 and 10 digit yearly salaries, all told) to cover those promises.

I'm quite sure that baby Ford, the charlatain at the helm of FoMoCo, hasn't sacrificed one fish egg.

So, they pass the costs onto you, the consumer, and attempt to pad in $3000 extra cost (over and above the cost of Japanese cars) into their dumpy, cheap cars before one shard of metal even hits the front of the assembly line. When consumers don't want their shoddy crap, they just start firing, from the bottom up.

Personally, I think the Ford "Five Hundred" looks like a hulking piece of shit. You won't catch me even test-driving one.

Its just plain bullshit that American citizens are going to foot the bill for Republican greed and excess.

Reply to
Learning Richard

Wow, you managed to incorporate name calling, unwarranted labeling, stereotyping and hate-filled pre-programmed partisan mudslinging all into a single response.

When someone swings as far to the extreme as this response it dilutes the reasonable things they otherwise say.

It would appear that you're just the opposite but equal side of the right-wing extremists you so often deride in this forum.

Oh, and if you can't raise a kid on $50K you might consider a visit to Appalachia to see how it's done for 1/3 of that amount.

Reply to
Sean Elkins

You are rather intelligent in your judgement. Now you see what we have to deal with constantly. It's clear bridges have been burned all around him. Learning Richard is fast becoming an island, especially one FAR out there.

Reply to
badgolferman

Stop setting the followups dipshit. You afraid of your words being x-posted? Hmmm?

personal attacks again bgm? You really need to crack that big book.

Reply to
Learning Richard

Who is in power in Washington right now?

I speak, as Don Rummy likes to say, of "the facts on the ground".

The corruption on Capitol Hill AND in the White House is unprecedented and unmatched in US history. And, Republicans control Capitol Hill and the White House.

Do the math, chief.

Reply to
learningrichard

Yeah right... and if the USA unemployment rate falls below 6%, the inflation genie will be let out of the bottle.

You still wear wide ties and flared polyester too?

Reply to
Learning Richard

Yeah right... and if the USA unemployment rate falls below 6%, the inflation genie will be let out of the bottle.

You still wear wide ties and flared polyester too?

Reply to
Learning Richard

Geese, My daughters college tuition is $11k per semester. Where the hell did you get that number ? You can't live on Wal-Mart wages unless you call a cardboard box home.

Reply to
Steve Stone

Put it in perspective. This guy Sean is the type of person who shoots deer and then runs after them until they fall.

Reply to
Learning Richard

That is a choice you have made. Most people don't go to $44K schools. If WalMart is paying $50K then I will be standing in line applying for a job there soon.

Reply to
badgolferman

SO now there's four semesters in a college year?

And a lot of people DO go to schools that charge around $22,000 per year, easily when you count supplies, fees, food, lodging, and all that.

I won't comment on your salary... suffice it to say that life in beautiful downtown Hampton, VA is cheaper than a lot of metro areas in the USA.

Reply to
Learning Richard

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

This is of course total BS. I've owned both US and Foreign models and there is very little difference in reliability. One of the least reliable cars I ever owned was a Toyota. The most reliable vehicle I have ever owned was a Ford. I currently own three Fords ('92 F150, '03 Expedtion, '04 Thunderbird). Only the F150 has required out of warranty repairs (one starter, one alternator, one fule pump check valve). Total cost for all these repairs is less than $500. Not bad for a 14 year old vehicle that has been beat to death on a farm. The Expedition required a couple of in warranty repairs (drivers window, front axle moan fix). The Thunderbird was back to the dealer to have an additive added to transmission fluid (a preventive additive that the fluid manufacturer left out). My parents also own three Ford ('00 Grand Marquis, '05 Freestyle, '99 Ranger). None of them have ever been back to the dealer for any reasons (I did replace the IAC on the Ranger to address a moaning noise at idle, and the Freestyle will eventually need to go in to have the fuel tank straps replaced at Ford's cost). My younger sister has a '01 Escape. She had to have the coolant level sensor replaced under warranty and the cruise control cable detached, but that is it. So for seven Fords and somewhere around half a million miles, the total cost of repairs is less than $700. Given that the tpyical Japanese car costs thousands more than a comaprable American car, I don't see how I could ever justify buying one becasue of reliability.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Hey Jay! Ever heard of a paragraph?

par·a·graph Pronunciation Key (pr-grf) n. A distinct division of written or printed matter that begins on a new, usually indented line, consists of one or more sentences, and typically deals with a single thought or topic or quotes one speaker's continuous words. In grammar is a group of sentences that encloses the main idea and 3 supporting sentences.

The main reason for paragraph and puncuation use is for eas of reading...

"In addition, this excerpt has been broken into shorter paragraphs for ease of Internet reading."

"The longer paragraphs have been split for ease of reading and some very long sentences broken apart for the same reason. "

Reply to
351CJ

What year was that vehicle?

Reply to
badgolferman

Can't prove that by me. I haven't had a bad car in over 25 years, foreign or domestic. Perhaps you do not do the maintenance. If you think foreign cars don't break down you are in for a rude awakening. ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter