'82 AOD shift kit?

Hello all:

The AOD tranny in my beloved Mark VI is heading south, it's starting to shudder from a standing start in and groan when slowing down. It's got

183,000 miles on it so I can't complain. It's going to need a rebuild soon. Would a mild shift kit help mileage and durability (by taking slip out of the tranny)? Any opinions?

BTW, reading the post about the Jasper transmission problems, this car has a Japser rebuild 5.0L, and it's been nothing but perfect (put in five years ago).

Chris

Reply to
Chris Nagorka