AOD shift kit?

I have an 89 GT vert AOD. O/R H-pipes, Flow40's, 3.73 gear, sub frame connectors, K&M air filter, still more to come. I am thinking about putting in a shift kit. I just don't know that much about them. Will the tranny shift real hard? Do I have to shift manually with the kit all of the time, or will it allow me to let it shift by it self when I want to be lazy? Thanks

Reply to
Howard Mora

"Howard Mora" wrote in news:L4kuc.41115$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

Depends on what you get. Some will shift harder than others. Read up on the different ones. A Google search will return a bunch of stuff.

As a Glittering Generality, shift kits increase line pressure for snappier shifts; they don't change the shift mechanism itself. A new valve body might allow you to change the shift pattern, but a shift kit won't.

Joe

Whether it will shift by itself depends on what you get. Call art carr transmissions and they'll get you what you want (888)526-5868

Mike MuscularMustangs.com

Mike