82 linc towncar nospark old backyard guy more help please

i stumped dist has no additional wires to show no sighns of a pick up in dist.and part store also said no pick up coil.tell me whats up.can there be one .wouldn"t there be wires from distrb body?help school me please!

That's freaking WEIRD.
What engine is that?
you pay..DEAL with it!
Is the ignition module attached to ANYWHERE on the engine?
you pay..DEAL with it!
on canadian models there is a pick up coil .mine is a us model .there is no crank sensor but i think i found a cam sensor on side of timing cover. what you think .am i getting on right track?

Yep... considering what the others said, I would think so... and suspect the crank sensor
you pay..DEAL with it!
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

He's right Backyard. The distributor is empty and IIRC, not adjustable for base timing. I think that was an early EEC-III system, it used a crankshaft position sensor instead of a distributor pickup. One variation, probably California emissions, used a really odd 3 contact rotor. The system was also Dura Spark instead of TFI. They were only around for a couple of years so I don't remember much about them. jimblobs problem is very likely the module but there were a couple of other common bugaboos on these cars that I don't recall off the top of my head.

isn't a pickup coil. It uses a crankshaft position sensor instead of the usual pickup