'87 T-Bird misfiring...

Hi all,
I posted a similar message about a week ago, but wigh AO-Hell, you never know when it will pop up (if ever!)
Anyway, I have an 87 T-Bird, 186,xxx miles, V-6, auto. About 2-3 months ago,
it developed a slight misfire when driving between 35-50mph (in town traffic). If it does it at highway speed, it is not as noticeable as at lower speeds.
I have had "Baby" for just over six years now and she has been a very good care for me.
In the last couple of years, I have had to replace the distributor - It is now on the third one. A friend looked at it and we don't know if it is an electrical problem or a fuel problem.
Any ideas? Hints? Suggestions?
I've asked for help in here before and have gotten good advice (except for someone telling me to get something different than a Ford).
I sure would appreciate any advice you guys and girls may have for me!
Thanks in advance!
~ ~ ~ Gerri ~ ~ ~ Whose red T-Bird named Baby runs like this: mmmmmm--mmmmmm-mmmmmm--mmmmmmmm-mmmmm-mmmmmmmm
<sigh!>
GerDani8 opined in Bosch Platinums or Splitfires out and put in the proper Motorcraft or Autolites
Does it idle smooth, start easily?

Oops!
When I re-read this, I saw I forgot to list a couple of things.
The car idles smooth and there is no misfire under acceleration.
Maybe this will help!
Thanks Guys!
~ ~ ~ Gerri ~ ~ ~
I had an 85 3.8 The usual source of misfires was the need to replace the distributor rotor and perhaps the cap.
It could be a plugged fuel line filter
It could also be other stuff
plug wires ok ?
plugs good ?