88 ford taurus 3.0 intake gasket?

hi,
i just replaced the intake gasket on the 3.0, and 3 of the injectors were physically broken, too. anyway, well, replaced it, idled it for about 30 minutes, car idled fine, no overheating no leaking ...
then later took it out on the road and coolant spewing out on the left side by the water pump (the same place it had leaked before)
any idea what it could be?
thanks, christopher
just a guess....but is there possibly a hole in the water pump where the water is coming out...if so....do the water pump....

i forgot to mention, this is after the car was turned off...
also, should/does the fan come on after the car is off?
Patrick Gilmore wrote:

sounds to me like you've got a hole in the motor somewhere......and yes the electic fan can come on after the key is off and motor has stopped.....if it's very hot.....

Assuming you're seeing what you're seeing (with wind blowing over the engine on the highway run, the leak could actually be anywhere... radiator, lower hose, water pump, overflow container, heater connections...)
Did you follow the Ford steps, especially the first and third ones below (and did you use new seals):
Apply a 5-6mm (1/4-inch) drop of Silicone Rubber D6AZ-19562-AA or BA (ESB-M4G92-A and ESE-M4G195-A) or equivalent to intersection of cylinder block and cylinder head assembly at four corners as shown. Position intake gaskets onto cylinder heads. Align intake gasket locking tabs to provisions on cylinder head gaskets as shown. Install front and rear intake manifold seals as shown. Secure with retainers. Carefully lower intake manifold into position aligning manifold bolt holes to those in cylinder head. Use care to prevent disturbing rubber sealer which can cause sealing voids. Install bolts No. one, two, three and four and hand tighten . Install remaining bolts and tighten in a two step process. Tighten in numerical sequence to 20-30 N-m (15-22 lb-ft), then again in sequence to 26-32 N-m (19-24 lb-ft).
Dave G.

it was the hose connecting to the water pump
thanks
Dave G wrote:

Nice when it's relatively easy.
Your other fix may not have been in vain. I've got my 3.0 apart after non-classic blown head gasket symptoms (lots of white smoke + loss of coolant, typically pointing to head gasket... but no loss of compression or power, a real puzzle if it was the head gasket), to find that I had an intake manifold gasket leak.
Dave.