'93 Tempo won't start

I have a 93 Tempo 2.3L Auto that won't start. My sis overheated it and now it won't start. I fixed the water pump and still won't start. I have spark, and fuel pressure to the injectors. It turns over, but won't fire.
Please help...I'm just a girl!

What's the compression? Bob
I'll have to check...The engine will turn over and act like it wants to start and then it just dies off again!
Howdy,
I had a problem with the distributor on an'89 Topaz - same car - I had checked the voltages, and at first I thought it was the ignition switch, so I replaced that - a cheap part - not a fun job... but the problem remained... The book said the next item to check was the igintion module on the distributor... I went to a yard and for $35, pulled a distributor... that got the car running, plus another $7 or 8 for the switch... Maybe you know someone with a similar car that would let you try their distributor?
Nick