94 Merc Grand Marquis/GS - please help

Hi all,
Here's the problem - headlights stay on after I turn off ignition, remove the key and vacate the car completely. The only way to turn them off is to
pull the 40A headlamps fuse from the fuse box under the hood (close to the battery).
When I'm driving the high beam headlamp indicator on the dash stays on. When I pull the turn signal lever the indicator light becomes brighter and then dimmer again. But the headlamls do not turn off.
Mechanic replaced what he called "daylight sensor" or so, and it worked for 2 hours and then back to square one.
Before he charges me for another switch ($170) anyone has any idea? What might be the problem?
Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.
-

Take it back to the mechanic and tell him the switch isn't working.
It sounds like it could be the high beam switch, too.
Jeff
I tend to agree with Jeff. The turn signal / brights / wiper switch (MultiFunction Switch) has a reputation for doing weird things. Since the "flash" function works with the key off, I would suspect it first. If the mechanic replaced the sensor in the dash, he missed. Lights turn off after parking even at night.
Just my 2 cents...
PoD

I 'spect the Multi-Function Switch would be the primary suspect. It controls various lighting functions.
You might want to remove/inspect/clean it.
On my '94 Tbird, it is in the steering column just behind the turn-signal lever. IIRC, a couple screwdrivers and maybe an icepick to pop the ignition cylinder out (from underneath).
Sometimes one can just clean 'em, firm-up the contacts, etc and they'll work again. Failing that, you might be able to at least spot the problem and replace the MFS.
Good Luck, Puddin'

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim." - Bertrand Russell