95 Windstar transmission question

I have a 1995 Ford Windstar with a 3.8. The overdrive light on the gearshift is flashing. I don't have a manual. Can someone tell my what this flashing light means?

Thanks

Gene

Reply to
FloridaRadio

You should have it scanned for fault codes ASAP. The flashing light indicates a problem with the transmission has been detected. It is possible that an immediate diagnosis by a skilled technician can get the problem corrected relatively inexpensively. If you choose to wait, a delayed inexpensive repair can result in extensive and expensive collateral damage to the transmission including total failure.

Reply to
lugnut

Get Ye to a Dealer or Mechanic quickly.

Take that from a '95 windstar owner who's working on his 2nd engine and 4th transmission (actually the 2nd, the first was rebuilt twice before being replaced) With my 1st 3, a hundred miles, or so, after the blink started, the trans quit!

Ron

Reply to
Ron Garz

I have the same problem. Has anyone posted a suggestion

Reply to
Milpay

Everyone thinks (Thinks?) It needs rebuilt. If this is true I'll drive it till it stops then sell it to the junk yard. At $1600 to $1800 to rebuild it isn't worth it to me.

It's been a great Van but has outlived it's usefullness. It has 180,000 miles on it with NO problems at all, none.

Reply to
Julie in Tampa