97 Aspire Wouldn't Start.

I started up my 97 Aspire this morning with no problem. Put it in reverse and backed out the driveway- no problem. Drove about 50 yards when engine cut off.
I couldn't restart it. It wouldn't "turn over." I pushed it back into the driveway. About 3 hours later it started right up and I drove it around town with no problem. Any suggestions what went wrong ? Thanks