97 Ford Escort went Boom

My escort went boom on me coming home on the highway last weekend. Didn't blow a tire and no weird shakes or shimmies coming from back end. Just a big
sound. Thinking it might be a strut or coil. Any thoughts on the problem would be appreciated!! Thank you!!

My nephew went boom at about the same time. No shakes or shimmies either. Just a lot of gas. No problem. He does it a lot.
As far as your problem is concerned, without more information, we can't really tell what happened. All we know is highway and loud noise. Maybe you ran over a plastic bottle or something exploded in your trunk.
Look at your car. If it is leaning to one side, you've got a problem. Push up and down on it. If the shock absorbers are working, you've found the problem. If not, take it to a mechanic. I bet if there is a problem, she'll find it.
Jeff