97 T-Bird - Ashtray light bulb - is there a trick to changing it?

I have a 97 T-Bird. The light in the ashtray has burned out. How do I remove the old bulb? I have pulled out the ashtray and have access to the bulb assembly from the bottom. But I am unable to remove the
connector so as to get access to the bulb - I can get my hands on the assembly but am leary about pulling anything too hard ... the plastic might break. Do I need to remove the radio in order to get at it from the top?
Thanks - JP
Either just leave it burn't out and trying to find the ash tray in the dark will cause a accident involving death or change the bulb and that to will contribute to death also. Sorry just had to
snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com wrote:

Why bother changing out the bulb.Keep driving at night and trying to find the ashtray and certainly death will follow.If you must put a new light in,death will follow. Sorry just had to LOL LOL