RX300 Ashtray light

The other day while driving at night I wanted to put something in my RX300's ashtray and had difficulties finding it. I vaguely recally the ashtray formerly having a dim green light that lit up when the hinged lid was open or am I wrong? If it did, is there an easy way to replace the bulb? (The Lexus manual seems to think that everything, even wiper blades, should be only replaced by the Lexus dealer).

Or I could just wait until the 55,000 mile service and ask my Toyota dealer to take care of it.

J Golden

I noticed that the light in the 2006 RX I got as a loaner had a light in the overhead console that shined down from above. If yours is the same way, then you probably have to pop the console off to get access to the bulbs.

Reply to
Ray O