'94 T-Bird tranny light

Hey y'all,

The 'OD On/Off' light on my '94 T-Bird with V-8 and Automatic transmission started blinking yesterday. The car seems to run the same as before.

What sensor makes this light start blinking?

Any idea for a diagnoses?

I really can't afford an expensive service call just now.

Thanks,

Mike W.

Reply to
Mike W.

Mike W. opined in news:FiF%c.6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

Sorry... concensus in the past:

{Copy paste all above}

is that you should have it checked out quick. You could have the codes read out first,

Here's the thing... it's so expensive to have a trans worked on becuase of the high percentage of bring-backs.

How many miles... ever have the fluid changed? when?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

150k, fluid changed at about 125k (1 1/2 years ago) at Jiffy lube with tranny flush gizmo.
Reply to
Mike W.

Change your tires and/or wheels to a different size ? That can also make the light blink.

Steve

Reply to
Steven Fleckenstein

Nope. What is actually being sensed that makes the light go off? Anybody know?

TIA,

Mike W.

Reply to
Mike W.

The only noticable problem is the blinking light?

Look for the simple stuff first.

Is it blinking at regular intervals? Randomly?

Does the blinking rate etc change when you push the shifter towards the left? The right? Forward? Back?

What does it do when you engage/disengage O/D?

Etc, etc.

Run all imaginable simple tests. It *could* be just a loose wire or somesuch.

Puddin'

Reply to
Puddin' Man