98 Crown Vic Bumpy Ride

People that ride in the back seat complain about the unconfortable bumpy ride. They feel every bump in the road. I replaced the shocks but there has been no improvement. Can anyone help me on this?

Reply to
r r

Your tires are likely overinflated.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

The only thing that will work for the poor ride is buy a Mercury Marquise or Lincoln. The Ford is cheap. They make sure you *feel* it.

Reply to
BeeVee

How do they do this? The Taurus rides like this. It's of course not as bad a hard riding Toyota, but it's pretty bad though. What's different on the Lincoln or Mercury on the suspensions? It's like the springs are too short on the Taurus? I was just thinking it was something to do with the light weight cars these days.

: The only thing that will work for the poor ride is buy a Mercury : Marquise or Lincoln. : The Ford is cheap. They make sure you *feel* it. : : :

Reply to
Tom Line

I am convinced tires can make a big difference in ride. Overinflation OR underinflation cause differences in the ride of my '95 CV. My car has air springs but the difference is there when the tires are wrong.

Has it always been this way? Have you put new tires on? The CV should ride as well as a Marquis... of course, if it is a police package, all bets are off.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

I think it's funny that you believe there is actually a difference between the Crown Vic and Mercury Marquis (no e at the end).

Other than price and extremely slight styling differences, they are the same vehicle that can be optioned out with the *exact* same suspensions.

Reply to
Mark

I think it's funny,*you* think they're the same. Then a door should fit quite well one to the other, ~ they don't. A front fender should also fit...~they don't. A rear suspension arm should fit...~they don't...what is it you *think* is the same? In each case the parts are 3" different in legnth.

Guess what...The lincoln's parts don't fit either car. It's not the same legnth to the folcrum points on the under carriage levers. The Ford's are shorter. Making it cheeper, and ride harder.

Reply to
BeeVee

Depends on the year - all 1979-2005 will interchange betweem C/V & G/M, except 1992-1997 rear doors...

A front fender should also fit...~they

1979 to 1991 will...

1979 to 1997 are all the same, even... except some police apps...

no, they're not...

Quite possible - all different sheet metal, extended chassis, but still numerous interchangeable parts...

Ford & Mercury are identical underneath - year-for-year.

The Lincoln may have a different arm, as it is an extended platform Panther, but with regard to the C/V & G/M, every 1979 to 1997 uses virtually the same parts in the rear - except for some police applications...

On the doors & fenders... these twins had different rooflines & sheet metal from 92-94 & 95-97(windshields & front doors same, rear doors different), same doors & fenders 1979 to 1991. Same doors 1998 to current... fenders are actually different from 1992 to current...

There are exceptions - the Heavy Duty Commercial LWB (P70) C/V - Longer doors... but rare to find by non-commercial users...

Hoods - same from 1998 to current...

They're the same car. It would be a stretch to say they have different spring rates, even... although this is much more likely than your "folcrum points on the under carriage levers" theory.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I think it's funny that you think body panels equate to suspension.

Thank you very much for CLEARLY demonstrating your ignorance.

You should try looking at the right vehicles. We are comparing a Crown Vic and a Marquis. Now go back and look at them and report back little boy.

Thank you for bringing up something 100% irrelevant.

Reply to
Mark

Probably the salesman who convinced him to spend a few thousand extra for the same car.

Reply to
Mark

unconfortable

Reply to