98 taurus wagon

While going up steep hills the car seems to hesitiate, when i think it is going to stall it just keeps going, the nearest way to describe it it is as
if I am running out and fuel and the car starts to choke. Vulcan engine with 181,000, trans fluid changed recently.
Thanks in advance guys
This happenned to me in my 85 Chevy Caprice. It was a partially clogged fuel filter. I changed the fuel filter, and the loss of power on hills went away.