98 Van Blinkers Hazzards X'd

98 E250 Van. Turn signals just stopped working...no blinking lights on the outside, no blinking on the dash. Checked the fuses, all okay. I think it started when I tried to put on the hazzards...turn signals
stopped working after that. If I hold down the Hazzard switch really hard, then the turn signals work.
Could this be as simple as a faulty hazzard switch? Any possible solutions? Can just the hazzard switch be replaced or (with my luck) do I have to buy a whole new steering mechanism for $5000?
Thanks!
DS
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:13:28 GMT, David Sandberg wrote:

This happened (just one side) with the 88 Pontiac station wagon I used last year. It turned out, on that car, that one of the two bulbs on that side's tail light was burned out.

That sounds reasonable to me, but I really don't know.

AFAIK the switches in the steering column can be replaced. However labor is rather costly due to the work needed to get in there. (well, a certain shop told me dad they wouldn't even dare try repairing the P/N switch on his 83 Clubwagon, back in the day, because of the many small parts in the mechanism)
HTH, -D
--
A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.
--Kim Alm, a.s.r

(slowley through the top )and work the switch off and on about 50 times. It will most likely come back to life.