99 Mercury Tracer heater not working right

I have a 99 Tracer. The heater has been just fine until now. All of a sudden it's not putting out much, if any, heat. Figures it would wait until the first
snowfall to do this! I had the radiator replaced and the entire cooling system flushed over the summer, so I'm not sure what is up. I'm hoping it isn't going to be a major $$$ situation, as I was downsized at work recently and the car needs new tires as well now that snow is falling. (I don't have a credit card to put the cost on.) Does anyone have any clue as to what might be wrong, to at least point me in the right direction?
If it helps, I'm in Cleveland.

the first snowfall to do this! I had the radiator replaced and the entire cooling system flushed over the summer, so I'm not sure what is up. I'm hoping it isn't going to be a major $$$ situation, as I was downsized at work recently and the car needs new tires as well now that snow is falling. (I don't have a credit card to put the cost on.) Does anyone have any clue as to what might be wrong, to at least point me in the right direction?

order.
"notafraidofmycar" wrote

I assume the cooling system is full? Could have sprung a leak somewhere. Lack of heater heat is one of the standard syptoms.

The heater system needs a 190 t-stat for good heat and a good radiator cap for proper pressure in the system. Both are inexpensive to replace. Hope this helps...
Dave S(Texas)